My buddy Dave tagged me with a challenge: list five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group do (so university students for me) that you just do not understand the fuss over. Here's my list:
1. Getting drunk. I've never understood this idea: let's drink alcohol until we cannot taste it anymore and induce vomiting, nausea, headaches, memory loss, and involuntary spasming and call it fun. I would include the entire bar-star lifestyle in this bafflement. I just don't get it.
2. Family Guy. It's funny from time to time, but I usually find it overly sophmoric and unnecessary.
3. Wes Anderson. Granted, I have not seen Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums, but I saw Life Aquatic and just didn't get it. Maybe I need to change this. Maybe I can't even if I try.
4. Gangsta Rap. I don't really know anyone who's into this, but I just don't get the whole thugz4life thing with the bling and the killing and the street cred and the hey hey you shot me! Ain't nobody frontin' or representin' G-Unit in my world.
5. New video games. Really, I'm a classic gamer. I've tried to get into XBox and PS2, but I just feel like a dinosaur. I like the Gamecube, which is unsurprising, given my historical preference for Nintendo. But another generation of systems is coming...and it too will pass me by. Speaking of which, computer games also fall into this same category - just never really got them.
And now to tag...how about Maryanne, Scotty, Andrew, and Evan. That should spread it to the masses. Remember to use the create backlink option that Blogger offers if you are so inclined!